Thursday, October 22, 2009

My tumor is still progressing

We spent Tuesday and Wednesday (10/21, 10/22) in Chicago this week at the University of Chicago Medical Center. My brain MRI was on 10/21 afternoon and appointment with Dr. Nicholas was on Wednesday morning, 10/22. The results from my MRI were discouraging as the scan indicated that the tumor is still growing (since August). My next move is to try to get into another clinical trial. There appears to be an interesting one at Northwestern University under leadership of Dr. Jeffrey Raizer, MD. Dr. Nicholas believes that I should be eligible and we will contact Dr. Raizer early next week about entry into this phase-2 trial that is testing a new agent called Azixa from Myriad Pharmaceuticals. Right now and over the weekend many Neuro Oncologists are attending a conference in New Orleans. The good news is that I still feel pretty good despite the discouraging test results. Stay posted for my update next week.

1 comment:

  1. I'm always thinking of you with only the best wishes-next time you're golfing, make sure you make a home run or a strike or touchdown or hole in one. Whatever keeps you happy.

    ReplyDelete